If you are looking to purchase spindles, my turning queue has been closed since April of 2013 and I am not accepting custom order requests. I recommend visiting Ravelry and joining the Spindle Candy forum and also searching Etsy for “spindle” and any other descriptive keyword that seems appropriate for your spindle style such as: Russian, Tibetan, supported, suspended, etc.
This is a small manual for learning about the styles and spinning techniques associated with Gripping Yarn spindles.
- Spindle anatomy: contemporary Russian lace spindles
- Spindle anatomy: French spindles
- Spindle anatomy: Rose (Russian/French hybrid) spindles
- Spindle anatomy: Tibetan
- Spindle anatomy: Fribetan (Tibetan/French hybrid)
- Spindle anatomy: Phang
- “Which spindle do you recommend?”
- Removable spiral copper caps
- Starting without a leader
- Online learning resources